Chicken Fillets with Black Olive Sauce
Serves 2 (tapenade, ½ cup)
This elegant dish looks and tastes as though it belongs on an upscale restaurant menu, but it’s actually easy to do. If doubling the recipe, keep the first two cooked fillets warm in a low temperature oven and repeat the fast process.
Use this classic Italian olive spread on gluten-free toast triangles as an appetizer, toss with pasta or add to a sauce for plain chicken or fish.
- 1 large chicken breast (about 8 ounces) boneless and skinless, sliced into two fillets and pounded flat
- 3 tablespoons white rice flour
- Fine sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon black olive tapenade, made (recipe follows) or purchased
- 1⁄3 cup (2 ounces) oil-cured black olives, pitted
- 1⁄3 cup (2 ounces) Kalamata olives, pitted, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 anchovy fillet, rinsed and chopped, optional
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- Few drops red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Cooking time: 1 or 2 minutes on each side.
Serving size: 1/2 tablespoon (tapenade).
Calories: 440 (tapenade, 25), Carbohydrates: 12 g (tapenade, 1 g), Protein: 25 g (tapenade, 0 g), Fat: 31 g (tapenade, 2 g), Cholesterol: 105 mg (tapenade, 0 mg ), Sodium: 230 mg (tapenade, 100 mg), Fiber: 0 g (tapenade, 0 g)
Recipe © copyright 2014 by Jacqueline Mallorca.
The author of more than a dozen cookbooks, Gluten-Free Living Food Editor Jacqueline Mallorca has written titles including The Wheat-Free Cookand Gluten-Free Italian.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/chicken-fillets-black-olive-sauce/
Copyright ©2020 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.