In spite of what some people may think, dinner doesn’t have to include meat to satisfy everyone. This quick and delicious stovetop-only meal will satiate even the most dedicated carnivore.
- 12 ounces gluten-free pasta, your favorite kind
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3½ cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-size chunks
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and place it back in the pot.
Add all the remaining ingredients and mix until combined. Pasta can be served warm or cool.
Isadora Lassance lives in Tucson, Arizona, with her husband and their orange cat, Cheeto. A regular contributor to Gluten-Free Living, she also blogs about whole food and seasonal ingredients at shelikesfood.com.