- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 heads broccoli, sliced into 3-inch spears (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 heads baby bok choy, sliced crosswise into 1-inch strips (about 1½ cups)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small zucchini, sliced (about 1 cup)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Cut into 1-inch cubes and transfer to a plate.
Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion for 8 to 10 minutes, until soft and translucent.
Add the broccoli, carrots and chicken and sauté for 10 minutes until almost tender.
Add the bok choy, mushrooms, zucchini and salt and sauté for five minutes. Add one cup of the water, cover the skillet, and cook for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are wilted.
In a small bowl, dissolve the arrowroot powder in the remaining ½ cup of water, stirring until thoroughly combined. Add the arrowroot mixture to the vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and becomes glossy. Stir in the sesame oil, vinegar and honey, then serve.
Cooking time: 30 to 33 minutes.
Calories: 350, Carbohydrates: 25 g, Protein: 27 g, Fat: 18 g, Cholesterol: 65 mg, Sodium: 370 mg, Fiber: 6 g
Reprinted with permission from Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes, by Elana Amsterdam, copyright © 2013. Published by Ten Speed Press, a division of Random House, Inc.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/asian-stir-fry/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.