These festive gluten-free white chocolate chip peppermint cookies are dairy, nut and soy free.
- 1½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum; omit if using flour mix that contains xanthan gum
- 2⁄3 cup dairy free white chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candy canes, can be sugar free
- ¾ cup gently melted non-dairy butter or coconut oil
- 1 egg or ¼ cup egg replacement*
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or cane sugar or 2 tablespoons agave
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray or grease a cookie sheet.
Mix flour, baking soda, sea salt, xanthan gum, white chocolate chips and crushed peppermint in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl whip together butter, egg or egg replacement, sugar and peppermint extract.
Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. Shape into cookies and bake for 10-12 minutes. Oven temperatures may vary so keep an eye on them. Allow to cool completely before removing with a spatula or pancake flipper.
* To make an egg replacement: Measure 1 tablespoon chia or ground flax seeds and 3 tablespoons hot water and stir. Allow to sit until a gel forms, then add to the liquid ingredients.
Nutrition Analysis (with coconut oil and egg replacement, so dairy free): 260 cal, 17 g fat, 0 mg chol, 170 mg sodium, 26 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 14 g sugar, 2 g protein.
Janice Amee is a gluten-free recipe blogger whose recipes have been featured in various publications and websites, such as Popsugar. You can find her blog at JaniceAmeesGlutenFree.com.