Vanilla Raspberry Filled Cake
Hi there! I’m Coral, a celiac mama, a celiac myself, and someone who is passionate about helping others on their gluten-free journey.
Several years ago, my daughter started having unexplainable symptoms. She was pale, losing hair, not gaining weight, and some doctors were convinced she had leukemia. When we found out it was not cancer but something we could manage at home with a gluten-free lifestyle, it put things in perspective.
My personal journey consisted of years of unexplained symptoms and countless specialists, none of whom ever suspected it was gluten causing the problem. Our family is now 100% gluten free, and we love it! I don’t ever want anyone else to have to go years with symptoms like I did, and so I created @glutenfreewithcoral on Instagram and my podcast, Gluten Free You and Me, to help spread awareness, resources and hope.
I’m on a mission to help people find their gluten-free groove, lessen the tough emotions that come with a gluten-free lifestyle, and live their best life! If you’re seeking recipe inspiration for a special occasion, why not give this delightful Vanilla Raspberry Filled Cake a try? (To see a visual step-by-step process, check out my Instagram account and look for the “Cake” highlight.) You can make this cake any flavor you want. For chocolate, use a gluten-free chocolate cake mix with instant chocolate pudding mix. Let your creativity guide you!
Coral Barajas is an award winning author, creator of @glutenfreewithcoral, and host of the No. 1 gluten-free podcast, Gluten Free You and Me. She provides hope, inspiration and resources, and through her advocacy, she has created a safe and uplifting community for all gluten-free warriors.
- [Image]: //cdn.glutenfreeliving.com/2021/01/Coral-Barajas-Headshot.jpg
- @glutenfreewithcoral: https://www.instagram.com/glutenfreewithcoral/
- Gluten Free You and Me: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/gluten-free-you-me/id1466183042
- my Instagram account : https://www.instagram.com/glutenfreewithcoral/
- 2 gluten-free vanilla (or yellow) cake mixes
- 2 small packages vanilla instant pudding
- 8 large eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 cans lemon-lime soda
- 1 small package fresh raspberries
- 1/2 small box vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 cup buttercream icing
- 1/4 cup milk (I use lactose free)
- Buttercream icing recipe from Cake by Courtney:
- 2 cups unsalted butter, chilled (I take the butter out of the fridge 30 minutes before I make my frosting)
- 6 cups powdered sugar, measured and then sifted
- 3–4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine all wet ingredients (eggs, oil and soda) in a small bowl and mix together.
3. In a larger bowl combine cake mix and dry pudding mix.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry until fully incorporated. (This mixture will be runnier than typical cake batter)
5. Pour batter into 3 greased 10″ round cake pans
6. Bake for approximately 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean (oven times vary).
1. Mix instant pudding mix with milk of choice until smooth.
2. Fold in buttercream icing.
3. Roughly chop fresh raspberries and gently fold into the filling mixture.
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter for about 2 minutes. This will soften the butter without it having to be warm.
2. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the sifted powdered sugar, one cup at a time, mixing a little in between each addition.
3. With mixer on medium speed, add whipping cream, vanilla and salt.
4. Turn the mixer to medium-high speed and beat for an additional 5 to 7 minutes. The frosting will become lighter in color and texture.
5. Before spreading on your cake, spend a couple minutes mixing the buttercream by hand with a wooden spoon to push out the air pockets.
Courtesy of Coral Barajas.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/desserts-sweets/vanilla-raspberry-filled-cake/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.