Toffee bits and pecan pieces update the traditional holiday pie to a 2-in-1 pie-lover’s delight.
- 1/2 container (15.8 oz) Pillsbury® Gluten Free pie and pastry dough
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 3 eggs
1. Heat oven to 375F. Roll 1/2 container pie crust between 2 pieces of waxed paper to 10-inch circle. Remove waxed paper; press into 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Flute edges of crust.
2. Sprinkle bottom of crust with toffee bits and pecans. In medium bowl, mix pumpkin, sugar, spice and salt until smooth. Add milk, cream and eggs; beat until mixture is smooth.
3. Pour into crust lined pie dish. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Refrigerate pie.
Preparation time: Prep Time: 15 Min (Start to Finish: 1 Hr 15 Min).
Recipe by Pillsbury
Nutrition Analysis: 430 cal, 23 g fat, 65 mg chol, 340 mg sodium, 54 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 37 g sugar, 4 g protein.