Thanks to the coconut oil, these popsicles have a boost of healthy fats, no refined sugar and a creamy texture. While the chocolate and almond drizzle is optional, it takes these frozen delights straight to grown-up-cool status and adds a perfect crunchy contrast.
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup almond milk yogurt, plain, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, optional
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, optional
Combine strawberries, honey, almond milk, yogurt, coconut oil and almond extract in a high-speed blender.
Blend for 30-60 seconds, until thoroughly combined.
Pour mixture into 6 popsicle molds and add sticks; freeze overnight.
If desired, melt chocolate chips and drizzle quickly over unmolded popsicles, sprinkle with almonds, and return to freezer until ready to serve.
Recipe and photo by Angela Sackett.