No-Bake Nut Butter Cookies
Makes 1 dozen cookies
These fast, healthful no-bake cookies were developed by Lisa Cantkier. Here’s what she has to say:
With about 10 grams of protein per serving and additional nutritional benefits, these babies certainly don’t taste like they took seconds to prepare. They can be made nut-free, dairy-free and vegan by using soy butter and vegan protein powder (choose organic varieties for various health reasons).
- 1 cup (250 ml) old fashioned, pure and uncontaminated, uncooked rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of your favorite unsweetened nut butter (almond butter, peanut butter) or organic soy butter
- 6 tablespoons (90 g) pure, natural whey protein powder or organic vegan protein powder
- 1/4 cup water (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (45 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips (choose higher cocoa varieties)
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.
2. If your mixture is too thick or dry, add a little more water and combine.
3. When all ingredients are mixed, form balls about the size of the palm of your hand, flatten and put on a plate.
4. Put the plate of cookies in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/desserts-sweets/no-bake-nut-butter-cookies/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.