Little Gluten-Free Chocolate Pots
This silky dessert starring dark chocolate is the perfect end to any meal. Pair the gluten-free chocolate pots with the delicately crunchy Corn Flour & Almond Shortbread Cookies for a perfect contrast in texture.
- Corn Flour & Almond Shortbread Cookies: http://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/desserts-sweets/corn-flour-almond-shortbread-cookies/
- 1 large pasteurized egg, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter, cubed and softened
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch kosher or sea salt
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) dark 60% chocolate chips
- 1 cup (8 ounces) half-and-half
Blend the egg, butter, almond extract and salt in a food processor until creamy. Add the chocolate chips and set aside.
Warm the half-and-half gently in a small saucepan until tiny bubbles form around the edges of the pan. Pour over the chocolate chips and process until the mixture is completely smooth. Transfer to a pitcher and pour through a fine sieve into ramekins or demitasse cups. Let cool completely, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Analysis: 230 cal, 18 g fat, 55 mg chol, 60 mg sodium, 19 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 17 g sugar, 4 g protein.
The author of more than a dozen cookbooks to date, Gluten-Free Living Contributing Editor Jackie Mallorca’s titles include The Wheat-Free Cook and Gluten-Free Italian.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/desserts-sweets/little-chocolate-pots/
Copyright ©2019 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.