Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
Exceptionally light and luscious, this ricotta cheesecake makes a graceful ending for an extra-special dinner.
- About 12 (4 ounces) gluten-free graham crackers, such as Schar’s Honeygrams, broken up
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons white rice flour
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 24 ounces full-fat ricotta cheese
- 10 tablespoons (5 ounces) heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) white sugar
- 3 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pure lemon oil or lemon extract
- ½ cup (4 ounces) premium lemon curd made with butter, such as Trader Joe’s
- Unsweetened cocoa or confectioner’s sugar for dusting
Heat the oven to 350° F. Cover the lower half of a 9-inch springform pan in aluminum foil to catch any spills during baking.
Combine the graham crackers, sugar and rice flour in a food processor and blend to a coarse meal. Add the butter and process briefly to mix. Press evenly into the base of the pan. Bake crust for 20 minutes until lightly colored and let cool.
Heat the oven to 300° F. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients except the cocoa and beat to make a smooth cream. Pour over the crust and bake until set but still wobbly in the center, about 1¾ hours. Allow to cool before refrigerating overnight. The surface will be light yellow. Run a knife blade around the sides before releasing from the pan. Sift a layer of cocoa on top before serving.
Nutrition Analysis: 370 cal, 22 g fat, 140 mg chol, 125 mg sodium, 35 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 25 g sugar, 10 g protein.
Recipes © copyright 2014 by Jacqueline Mallorca
Gluten-Free Living Food Editor Jackie Mallorca has more than a dozen cookbooks to her credit. Her latest titles include The Wheat-Free Cook and Gluten-Free Italian.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/desserts-sweets/lemon-ricotta-cheesecake/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.