The creamy combination of condensed milk, tangy cream cheese and sweet fruit makes a perfect cool snack.
- 2 15-ounce cans tropical fruit salad in syrup
- 1 15-ounce can sliced peaches in syrup
- 1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges in syrup
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 jar coconut jelly, optional
Drain all the fruit very well in a colander for about 10 minutes.
Place the condensed milk and cream cheese in a food processor or mixer and blend until smooth.
Put the fruit in a bowl, add the coconut jelly if using, and pour the milk mixture on top. Mix well and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Analysis: 430 cal, 11 g fat, 40 mg chol, 150 mg sodium, 81 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 41 g sugar, 6 g protein.
Laura Hahn, author of the cookbook Around the World, One Gluten-Free Meal at a Time, is a regular contributor to Gluten-Free Living. She also blogs about gluten-free food at GuiltFreeFoodieCutie.com.