Grain-Free Avocado Cheesecakes
8-10 mini cheesecakes
Avocado cheesecake is an unexpected sweet treat that delivers citrusy flavor, bright color, and a nearly-hidden healthy punch.
- 3/4 cup shelled walnuts or walnut pieces
- 1 cup gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon baking stevia (or honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seeds (or 1/4 teaspoon anise extract)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or skim milk
- 1/2 cup sugar or baking stevia
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 8 ounce package Neufchatel cheese, softened and cut into pieces
- 1 lime or lemon for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In food processor, pulse walnuts until finely ground.
Add graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon stevia, anise, and salt; pulse several times to combine.
Add 2 tablespoons water and pulse until ingredients resemble coarse sand.
Press into bottom of lined muffin cups; bake 10 minutes.
Allow to cool completely.
In measuring cup or small bowl, combine gelatin with 2 tablespoons water; let stand for 5 minutes.
With vegetable peeler, remove strips of lemon zest (yellow only).
In a saucepan, combine milk, 1/2 cup sugar or stevia, vanilla, and lemon zest and bring to a bowl.
Add gelatin and simmer until dissolved (about 1 minute).
Strain and discard lemon zest.
In food processor, combine avocados and cream cheese.
Pour hot milk mixture into food processor, and blend until smooth.
Pour into baked crusts, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set.
Serve, if desired, with tiny lemon or lime wedges.
Baking time: 10 minutes. Chilling time: 2 hours. Standing time: 5 minutes.
Calories: 240, Carbohydrates: 19 g, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 18 g, Cholesterol: 15 mg, Sodium: 170 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/desserts-sweets/grain-free-avocado-cheesecake/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.