Gluten-Free Spritz Cookies
Makes 96 cookies
- JEANNE'S GLUTEN-FREE ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1¼ cup (170 grams) brown rice flour
- 1¼ cup (205 grams) white rice flour
- 1 cup (165 grams) sweet white rice flour, also known as “glutinous” rice flour or under the brand name Mochiko
- 1 cup (120 grams) tapioca flour
- 2 scant teaspoons xanthan gum
- SPRITZ COOKIES
- 2¼ cups (315 grams) Jeanne’s Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (225 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 extra-large egg, plus egg yolk, at room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Colored sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- 1 cup (170 grams) semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
Nutrition Analysis (per cookie, without chocolate or sprinkles): 35 cal, 2 g fat, 10 mg chol, 5 mg sodium, 4 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 0 g protein.
Recipe by Jeanne Sauvage from Gluten-Free Baking for the Holidays: 60 Recipes for Traditional Festive Treats, Chronicle Books (2014). Sauvage is gluten intolerant and writes the blog The Art of Gluten-Free Baking, artofglutenfreebaking.com. She develops new gluten-free recipes that taste just as good as those made with wheat.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/desserts-sweets/gluten-free-spritz-cookies/
Copyright ©2020 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.