This gluten-free, dairy-free pudding is an easy-peasy comfort food perfect for the whole family. Just mix a few ingredients in the blender, chill, and enjoy!
Lisa Cantkier is a writer and educator specializing in nutrition and health. She is coauthor of the diabetes-friendly cookbook “The Paleo Diabetes Diet Solution.” Follow her on Instagram at @LisaCantkier and contact her by email at [email protected].
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk (hazelnut milk or almond milk work well)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced (250 g or 9 oz)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
1. Add liquid ingredients first, followed by remaining ingredients, to a blender or food processor. Pulse until mixture is completely smooth.
2. If the consistency is too thick, you can add a little more milk or water.
3. Chill for 20 minutes or more in the refrigerator, then serve, and enjoy.
Courtesy of Lisa Cantkier.