These delightful gluten-free Cinnamon Rolls are incredibly gooey, and most ingredients you probably already have in your home!
Coral Barajas is an award winning author, creator of @glutenfreewithcoral, and host of the No. 1 gluten-free podcast, Gluten Free You and Me. She provides hope, inspiration and resources, and through her advocacy, she has created a safe and uplifting community for all gluten-free warriors.
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast or 1 1/2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 small 3.4-ounce box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6-7 cups gluten-free flour blend (Namaste is my preferred brand)
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
1. In a small bowl combine water, yeast and sugar. Stir until dissolved. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, take pudding mix and prepare according to directions (use room temperature milk to help it rise faster). Add butter, eggs and salt. Mix well. Then add yeast mixture. Blend.
3. Gradually add flour; knead until smooth. Do not overflour the dough. It should be soft but not sticky. Place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled.
4. Roll out dough on a lightly greased or floured surface to about 34 x 21 inches in size. Take 1 cup soft butter and spread over rolled dough.
5. In bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the top. Roll up very tightly. With knife put notches every 1/2 inches. Cut with thread or serrated knife.
6. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Cover and let rise until dough has doubled again.
7. Bake 350°F for 15-20 minutes. Remove when the rolls start to turn golden (do not overbake).
8. Combine butter and cream cheese and mix well. Then add vanilla and sugar and mix again. Then add milk for desired consistency. Frost over warm cinnamon rolls.
Courtesy of Coral Barajas.