This recipe is a novel twist on Elvis’s signature sandwich. Featuring the favored flavor combination of banana and nut butter, but minus the gluten-y bread, it’s sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike!
Get more gluten-free dessert recipes in our Desserts & Sweets section.
Coral Ward is an award winning author, creator of @glutenfreewithcoral, and host of the No. 1 gluten-free podcast, Gluten Free You and Me. She provides hope, inspiration and resources, and through her advocacy, she has created a safe and uplifting community for all gluten-free warriors.
- 2 bananas
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/3 cup refined-sugar-free, dairy-free chocolate (this recipe was tested using Hu Gems — discount code: Coral)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- toppings of choice (this recipe was tested with chopped macadamia nuts and unsweetened coconut flakes)
- Slice bananas into thin slices.
- Spread nut butter on one side and sandwich between 2 slices.
- Place a toothpick in the center.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring occasionally. Make sure not to overcook.
- Dip bananas into melted chocolate to coat and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top with desired toppings.
- Place in the fridge and serve chilled.
Copyright Coral Ward.