Few things say comfort food better than a warm slice of banana bread straight out of the oven. What’s even better than that? Banana bread that’s both gluten free and grain free! Enjoy this simple and scrumptious recipe.
Get tips for making gluten-free bread in “Ten Tips for Making Great Gluten-Free Bread.”
Lisa Cantkier is a writer and educator specializing in nutrition and health. She is coauthor of the diabetes-friendly cookbook “The Paleo Diabetes Diet Solution.” Follow her on Instagram at @LisaCantkier and contact her by email at [email protected]
- Avocado or olive oil spray for the pan
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a small loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5 inches) with parchment paper. Lightly spray the lined pan with oil.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, mashed bananas, vanilla, and maple syrup.
3. Add the almond flour, cinnamon, kosher salt, and baking soda. Whisk mixture until smooth. Add chocolate chips if desired and stir until well combined.
4. Transfer the batter to the lined pan.
5. Bake the banana bread until browned, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry, approximately 45-50 minutes.
6. Remove the banana bread from the pan and transfer to a wire rack. Remove the parchment.
7. Allow the bread to cool. Slice, serve, and enjoy.
Serving size: 1 slice.
Courtesy of Lisa Cantkier.