This strawberry whip comes together in just a few minutes. It’s light and airy, almost like a mousse, with a touch of richness thanks to the cream. The whip is naturally egg-free and can be easily made dairy-free by swapping the milk and cream for full-fat coconut milk.
- ½ cup milk, traditional or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 packet (2½ teaspoons) powdered gelatin
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen strawberries (if frozen, thaw before using)
- ½ cup heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Whipped cream or coconut cream
- Gluten-free vanilla wafers
Place the milk in a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over the top. Allow to stand for five minutes.
Blend the strawberries, cream, powdered sugar and lemon juice in a blender on medium-high speed until smooth.
Warm the milk-gelatin mixture over low heat. Stir until gelatin dissolves. Do not boil. Add gelatin mixture to the blender. Blend on high speed for one minute.
Divide mixture evenly between four cups. Refrigerate for six hours or overnight. Top with whipped cream and gluten-free vanilla wafers.
Note: When melting the gelatin, take care not to boil the milk. If bubbles begin to appear on the edge of the pan, remove the pan from the heat. If the gelatin hasn’t fully dissolved, return the pan to the heat for a moment or two.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/desserts-sweets/dreamy-strawberry-whip/
Copyright ©2019 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.