Dark Chocolate-Dipped & Coconut-Topped Creamy Almond Bites
- ¾ cup unsweetened, creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons cacao butter, melted
- ¾ teaspoon (approx. 3 capsules) probiotics supplement (carefully pull apart the probiotics capsules to empty the contents into the measuring spoon)
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Dash sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (Enjoy brand is gluten free), melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; place a cooling rack on another baking sheet; set both aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond butter, honey, melted cacao butter, probiotics, vanilla and salt; place, uncovered, in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to firm up enough to shape into balls.
Scoop the mixture into 18 balls (approx. ¾ tablespoon each) and place on the parchment-lined baking sheet; place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Remove 6 balls from the freezer at a time, and dip one at a time into the melted chocolate, using two forks to lift the balls out of the chocolate, and placing each one on the cooling rack. After all 6 have been dipped, top with a few coconut flakes. Repeat until all 18 are chocolate-dipped and coconut-topped. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes, then transfer the almond bites to a covered container; keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Note: The almond bites may be refrigerated for up to 10 days or kept frozen for up to 2 months.
Makes 18 servings of one bite
123 cal., 10.5g fat, 3.8g sat. fat, 0mg chol., 7.4mg sodium, 7.6g carbs, .8g fiber, 1.9g protein
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/desserts-sweets/dark-chocolate-dipped-coconut-topped-creamy-almond-bites/
Copyright ©2022 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.