Looking for a decadent dessert recipe to wow the coffee lovers in your life? Whip up these scrumptious cupcakes and serve with a cold glass of milk or—for serious java fiends—a hot cup of coffee.
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups gluten-free flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup strong chilled coffee
- 2-3 tablespoons Leaner Creamer, diluted
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese (use dairy-free cream cheese for a lactose-free option)
- ½ cup softened butter
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup coffee, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Use a handheld or stand mixer to mix together butter and sugar until you obtain a fluffy texture.
Once fluffy, mix in eggs and vanilla.
In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
Mix together coffee and Leaner Creamer. With mixer on low speed, add in ⅓ of the flour mixture, ⅛ cup of coffee mixture, then another ⅓ of flour mixture. Repeat the steps until you run out of both mixtures.
Do not over mix, or it will be runny. Mix until all ingredients are evenly combined.
Fill cupcake liners two-thirds of the way.
Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
For the frosting, combine all ingredients except for powdered sugar in a large bowl. Once evenly incorporated, mix in powdered sugar.
Frost and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Leaner Creamer.