Almond Cookies with Cinnamon Glaze
Makes 12 cookies
These gluten-free almond cookies with a spiced cinnamon glaze will bring a new twist to your classic cookie platter. They’re also paleo and soy free.
- 2½ cups (250 grams) almond flour
- ¼ cup (35 grams) coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) macadamia nut oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon hard raw honey, melted, or regular honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Shredded coconut, optional for garnish
- CINNAMON GLAZE
- 2 tablespoons raw hard honey, melted, or regular honey
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed melted butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Nutrition Analysis (per cookie with glaze): 210 cal, 17 g fat, 35 mg chol, 25 mg sodium, 12 g carb, 4 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 6 g protein.
Recipe by George Bryant, the California-based author of the New York Times best-selling cookbook The Paleo Kitchen. He also blogs at civilizedcavemancooking.com, developing gluten-, grain- and dairy-free recipes.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/desserts-sweets/almond-cookies-with-cinnamon-glaze/
Copyright ©2020 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.