Need a quick “go-to” meal when you’re short on time and energy? Consider whipping up some homemade pancakes! This sweet potato-based recipe is sure to hit the spot!
A lifelong celiac, Lisa Cantkier is an educator, coach and writer specializing in nutrition and health. She is the coauthor of the celiac- and diabetes-friendly cookbook, The Paleo Diabetes Diet Solution. Follow her on social media at @LisaCantkier and contact her by email at [email protected].
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (or gluten-free flour of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
1. Mix the sweet potato puree, eggs, oil, milk, and apple cider vinegar together.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder, flour, salt, and cinnamon together.
3. Combine the ingredients and mix well. Pour small amounts of batter into an oiled skillet to create a pancake and fry until batter is bubbling. Then flip the pancakes. Continue with this method until all batter is cooked and golden brown.
Courtesy of Lisa Cantkier.