Raspberry Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
This coffee cake is made intensely moist and rich with a bright and tangy layer of raspberry. It’s also corn, dairy, gluten and nut free (if prepared with gluten-free oats).
- [Image]: http://cdn.glutenfreeliving.com/2015/08/raspberry-coffee-cake-.jpg
- CINNAMON STREUSEL TOPPING
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup gluten-free certified oats or coarsely chopped nuts
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- COFFEE CAKE
- 1¾ cups brown rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ cup potato starch
- ½ teaspoon corn-free baking powder (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon guar gum (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- 2 pints fresh raspberries, washed
For the streusel topping:
Hain brand baking powder is corn free, or you can make corn-free baking powder by mixing ¼ teaspoon of baking soda and ½ teaspoon cream of tartar to replace 1 teaspoon of baking powder in a recipe.
Calories: 380, Carbohydrates: 52 g, Protein: 4 g, Fat: 19 g, Cholesterol: 35 mg, Sodium: 140 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Recipe by Terris Cleary, a graduate of the California Culinary Academy, who has celiac disease and whose son has multiple food allergies. She blogs about gluten-free, allergen-free recipes at freeeatsfood.com.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/breakfast/raspberry-coffee-cake/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.