Quinoa & Pecan Pancakes
16 3-inch pancakes
Quinoa flour batter makes exceptionally tender and nutritious gluten-free pancakes, and cooking them on an ungreased nonstick surface ensures a fine surface texture.
- 1/2 cup (1 3/4 ounces) quinoa flour
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) plain yogurt (regular, not thick Greek style)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Combine the quinoa flour, potato starch, pecans, sugar, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, egg and canola oil, and stir until smooth. Add to the dry ingredients and stir quickly until smooth. The batter will look thick and puffy.
- Heat a heavy nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-low heat, but do not grease it. Add the batter by scant tablespoon, spacing the pancakes 1 inch apart and flattening the batter slightly with the back of the spoon. Cook until golden on both sides, about 1 minute. Stack on a warmed plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
Cook’s Tip: Serve with thick Greek yogurt and berries, or add a pinch of cinnamon to the batter and accompany with chunky applesauce instead of fresh fruit.
Cooking time: 16 minutes.
Serving size: 8 pancakes.
Calories: 90, Carbohydrates: 9 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 25 mg, Sodium: 135 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Recipe by Jacqueline Mallorca. The author of more than a dozen cookbooks, Jackie Mallorca’s most recent titles include The Wheat-Free Cook and Gluten-Free Italian. For more information, tips and recipes, go to GlutenFreeExpert.com.
Photo: Shutterstock / Natalia Laurel
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/breakfast/quinoa-pecan-pancakes/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.