- WET INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons (5 ounces) canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup full-fat yogurt, such as Fage
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup, less 1 tablespoon (5 ounces) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (3.5 ounces) sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 3¹⁄3 cups, plus 2 tablespoons (1 pound) all-purpose, gluten-free flour mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup Turbinado sugar
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 325° f.
Combine the liquid ingredients, sugars and ginger in a large mixing bowl. Stir with whisk until well combined.
Sift dry ingredients and add to the liquids. Stir gently until combined. Do not overmix.
Portion into approximately 16 standard cupcake cups. Sprinkle the Turbinado sugar, walnuts and pumpkin seeds over tops of the muffins.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown.
Calories: 340, Carbohydrates: 44 g, Protein: 7 g, Fat: 17 g, Cholesterol: 35 mg, Sodium: 100 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Recipe by Tracy Kamperdyk Assue, the executive pastry chef for City Limits in White Plains, New York, and Stamford, Connecticut.