Looking to put a good base in your tummy before you see what Santa brought? You can’t go wrong with these hearty gluten-free burritos! Quick and easy to put together, they can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until it’s time to start unwrapping!
Get more gluten-free dessert recipes in our Breakfast section.
Coral Ward is an award winning author, creator of @glutenfreewithcoral, and host of the No. 1 gluten-free podcast, Gluten Free You and Me. She provides hope, inspiration and resources, and through her advocacy, she has created a safe and uplifting community for all gluten-free warriors.
- 12 eggs, scrambled
- 1 pound turkey sausage, browned, crumbled, and drained
- 16 ounces diced hash browns, cooked
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 14 gluten-free tortillas (e.g., Siete Foods Almond Flour Tortillas)
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add onion. Once onion becomes translucent, add in diced peppers. Stir occasionally until tender.
3. Add in the scrambled eggs, hash browns, salt and pepper, and ground sausage. Mix well.
4. If serving immediately, keep the burrito mixture on low heat while you warm up the tortillas. Once heated, add the mixture onto the tortilla and roll into a burrito. Top with favorite garnishes like salsa.
5. If storing to enjoy later, allow the burrito mixture to cool completely. Once cool, heat the tortillas and add the cool mixture, wrapping into a burrito. Wrap burrito in aluminum foil. Place in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag and store in the freezer. You can keep burritos in the freezer for up to four months. You may also store them in the refrigerator overnight to reheat for Christmas morning!
Serving size: 1 burrito.
Copyright Coral Ward.