3 to 4 waffles
There’s nothing quite like waffles on the weekend, right? You don’t need to buy a box of frozen waffles or go to a diner. All you need is a waffle maker and the ingredients following to make this classic comforting autoimmune-compliant breakfast.
-Michelle Hoover, The Autoimmune Cookbook
- -Michelle Hoover, The Autoimmune Cookbook: https://unboundwellness.com/about/
- 1 cup (140 g) cassava flour
- 1/4 cup (32 g) arrowroot starch
- 3 tablespoons (22.5 g) tigernut flour
- 2 tablespoons (14 g) collagen powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup (56 g) coconut oil, melted, plus more for the waffle maker
- 1/4 cup (80 g) maple syrup, plus more for topping (optional)
- 2 cups (480 ml) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Fresh blueberries, for topping
In a large bowl, stir together the cassava flour, arrowroot starch, tigernut flour, collagen powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
Add the coconut oil and maple syrup and stir to combine.
Stir in the coconut milk and vinegar, stirring until fully combined.
Coat the waffle iron with the coconut oil and preheat it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Pour one-fourth to one-third of the batter into the waffle iron. Close and cook per the manufacturer’s instruction until the waffle is golden brown. Using tongs or a fork, carefully remove the waffle. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve the waffles topped with fresh blueberries and maple syrup, if desired.
Waffle iron cook times vary. Keep an eye on your waffles to ensure they don’t over- or undercook.
For crispier waffles, don’t stack the cooked waffles on top of each another or the heat and moisture will soften them. Make sure they’re not touching, or keep them on separate plates.
If you freeze the waffles, defrost them overnight in the refrigerator and re-crisp them in a skillet.
Preparation time: 10 minutes . Cooking time: 25 minutes.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/breakfast/blueberry-waffles/
Copyright ©2022 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.