Have you heard of “butter coffee” or “bulletproof coffee?” Inspired by the principles behind these recipes, this Power Coffee is a fantastic way to kick off the day. The principle of “fat burns fat” again comes into play here, and the combination of caffeine and healthy fats gives you energy without the side effects. You may find you’re full and energetic well into the day.
- 1½ cups strong hot coffee (organic preferred)
- 1 tablespoon high-quality coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon salted, grass-fed butter
- 1 teaspoon maca or cocoa powder
- 1 pinch vanilla powder or cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar, optional
Add all ingredients to blender, slowly increasing from low speed to high.
Blend on high speed for 30 seconds and enjoy.
Nutrition Analysis: 120 cal, 13 g fat, 15 mg chol, 50 mg sodium, 1 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 0 g protein
Recipe and photo by Angela Sackett
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/beverages/power-coffee/
Copyright ©2019 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.