Dairy-Free Almond Butter Mocha
Channel your inner barista without visiting the local hot spot and enjoy this healthy, dairy-free coffee-house-inspired Almond Butter Mocha right in your own kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional*
- 1½ cups almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Dairy-free whipped topping for serving, optional**
- *For a sweeter version, use up to 2 tablespoons honey.
- **We use the cream scooped off the top of a can of coconut milk stored overnight in the refrigerator.
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Bring to a simmer, whisking frequently until thoroughly combined and slightly thickened.
Looking for more gluten-free recipes? Check out our entire collection!
Recipe and photo by Angela Sackett
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/beverages/dairy-free-almond-butter-mocha/
Copyright ©2020 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.