Illustration by Daniel Vasconcellos, vasky.com.
Websites with the best GF savings
These online retailers will save you the most money on gluten-free products. Some offer gluten-free items among other products and others are exclusively gluten free.
- GlutenFreeSaver.com is a daily deal site for gluten-free products. You can save 50 percent or more on the featured item and deals often include free shipping. It is a great way to try a brand at a stock-up price. Deals vary from foods to vitamins and more.
- Amazon.com often deeply discounts gluten-free items. If you are an Amazon Prime member you receive free shipping on most items, too. Amazon also offers a subscribe-and-save program with a discount on everyday prices and the option of changing the flavor or size of an item, skipping delivery or getting an extra delivery. The program has no commitment or fees and you can cancel anytime. If you join and decide you don’t want to continue after the first item, you will still get the membership saving on that item. You can cancel future automatic shipments with no penalty.
- Ebates.com enables you to earn cash back for shopping online. Always go to Ebates.com when you are going to make an online purchase to see if the site from which you are buying also has cash back or another discount through Ebates. This is a great way to save as much as possible.
- SwagBucks.com is the largest free online rewards program. You sign up for free and “earn” Swag Bucks for online activity such as downloading the Swag Bucks tool bar and using it as your search engine (Swag Bucks is powered by Google). Reward points can be used for thousands of great prizes like gift cards, electronics and more. You can redeem Swag Bucks for Amazon.com gift certificates. Match the free gift certificates to deals and free shipping from Amazon.com, and it is the trifecta of savings.
- Vitacost.com has a huge variety of gluten-free and organic products. Most products are 30 to 70 percent off retail prices. When you purchase $49 or more you qualify for free shipping. You can subscribe to a free email newsletter to get special offers and sale information. When you refer a friend you both earn a $10 coupon once your friend spends at least $30 on the site.
- Groupon.com and LivingSocial.com are daily deal sites that occasionally offer savings on gluten-free products. The savings can be big, with 50 to 75 percent off. With a free subscription you will get savings offers sent to your email.
- AbesMarket.com is an online marketplace for natural products including gluten-free selections and offers free shipping on orders of more than $49. Sign up for the newsletter for exclusive offers, deals and new arrivals. Abe’s sometimes offers sales up to 35 percent, which is the best time to stock up. LivingSocial.com sometimes offers deals on Abe’s vouchers.
- iHerb.com sells healthy products, including gluten-free items. The site offers a flat shipping rate of $4, plus free shipping for any order of more than $4 anywhere in the contiguous United States. iHerb rewards can be used for extra discounts, free products and cash back.
- Celiac.com/glutenfreemall specializes in gluten-free foods and special dietary products, including frozen foods. They offer daily specials and an enewsletter with coupons and discounts. You’ll find the best deals under the “Specials” tab on the menu bar.
- RedAppleLipstick.com has a free VIP club that includes 20 percent off every month on gluten-free lipstick, plus exclusive deals throughout the year.