Time for a healthy take on an American classic, the chicken nugget. Ditch the eggs and the gluten but still enjoy the crispy, crunchy taste of these gluten-free nuggets.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
8 chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour, Gluten-Free
2 teaspoons salt, divided
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon Golden Flax Seed Meal, Organic
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon melted Coconut Infusions™ Smoked Ghost Pepper, Organic
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 cup finely chopped Almonds, Organic & Raw
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Make three-step breading system in three large bowls.
- a. In bowl 1, combine gluten-free all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon each of salt, garlic and onion powders.
- b. In bowl 2, combine flax seed meal, water, and Coconut Infusions™; mix until it has an egg-like consistency.
- c. In bowl 3, combine chopped almonds, garlic and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Place 1-inch chicken nugget in bowl 1 until fully coated, drench in bowl 2, and dust the chicken tender with the chopped almonds in bowl 3.
- Place on prepared sheet pan and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Serving size: 8 pieces.
Nutritional Information (per serving): 450 cal, 15 g fat, 4 g sat fat, 57 g protein, 21 g carb, 3 g fiber, 130 mg chol, 2 mg iron, 150 mg sodium, 57 mg calcium