Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Bonefish Grill and Burton’s Grill were chosen by diners as the most allergen-friendly restaurant chains in their respective sizes in a list compiled by an online restaurant guide.
AllergyEats, a guide for food-allergic diners, named the three in 2014 list of the Most Allergy-Friendly Restaurant Chains across the U.S.
The list is based on user-generated feedback on the company’s free website and smartphone app. The restaurants, rated on a scale of 1 to 5, were judged on food allergy protocols, training and willingness to accommodate guests with food allergies. Food quality and service weren’t part of the ratings.
Beating out more than 650,000 restaurants on the website, the following 15 restaurant chains, which earned very close rankings, were shining stars in the industry:
Large (over 200 restaurants)
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (4.45 rating)
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro (4.43 rating)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (4.41 rating)
- Outback Steakhouse (4.35 rating)
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill (4.20 rating)
Medium (50-200 restaurants)
- Bonefish Grill (4.43 rating)
- Ninety Nine Restaurant (4.28 rating)
- Mellow Mushroom (4.26 rating)
- Uno Chicago Grill (4.24 rating)
- Bertucci’s Brick Oven Restaurant (4.17 rating)
Small (under 50 restaurants)
- Burtons Grill (4.90 rating)
- Maggiano’s Little Italy (4.73 rating)
- Papa Razzi (4.68 rating)
- Legal Sea Foods (4.67 rating)
- Not Your Average Joe’s (4.66 rating)
For more information, visit AllergyEats.com.