We know fall can be a busy time of year. Students are adjusting to new schedules, parents are trying to do it all, and just about everyone is thinking how they can make life more simple. It’s easy to let healthy habits like sleep and nutritious eating fall to the wayside. Not this season. Simple Mills is here to help you stay on track with your healthy lifestyle and set you and your family up for success with snacks that are both nutritious and delicious, and have fun while doing it!
Here are some of our favorite tips:
- Trade in the usual after school snack for one made up of nutrient-dense ingredients, like Simple Mills’ Almond Flour Crackers. A trifecta of almonds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds, these crackers provide three grams of plant-based protein per serving. Pair them with a homemade hummus or dip. Tap into your culinary side and get creative with flavorful combinations that will please everyone’s palette or try a sweet and salty combo, like a nut-butter and farmhouse cheddar cracker sandwich. Be sure to ask your little ones to help!
- Get your little ones more comfortable in the kitchen. Grab some Mama Motivation from Simple Mills’ VP of Marketing and busy mom, Michelle. Enter our #SimpleFoodFun contest for a chance to win a simply amazing prize.
- Choose smart sugar. Have a sweet tooth (or a couple)? Count on Simple Mills’ Ready-to-Eat Crunchy Cookies to satisfy them all. Made with tigernuts, a prebiotic root vegetable, and smartly sweetened with coconut sugar, a natural sweetener, feel-good snacking has never been so simple.
- Play with your food! Download your very own “Tic-Tac-Toe Board” and let your family play with their food (or make your own board using your favorite simple ingredients). If your little ones prefer art to games, download & print our “Colorful Foods” Activity Page.
- Take the sprouted route. Foods like Simple Mills’ Sprouted Seed Crackers are a balanced blend of sprouted sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds. We love sprouted seeds because their nutrients are more readily available to your body. And just like their almond flour crackers, these crackers contain 3g of protein per serving and provide a good source of Vitamin E and over 1,000mg of Omega 3s.
- Follow Simple Mills on social. Head to their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for endless tips & resources throughout the season.
- Grab Simple Mills’ “Back to School” bundle. Make the transition from summer to fall seamless with our favorite snack products. Bundles are available for a limited time only (and 30% off), so don’t wait!
Check out these additional resources below that will help keep things simple this season.
Shopping List and Weekly Menu
How to Build a Healthy Lunch Chart
Simple Mills “Color the Rainbow” Activity Page
Whether you’re packing snacks for school, the kid’s soccer practice or you just want a better-for-you snack for your desk drawer at the office, #SimpleFoodFun is the way to go.