Your family will surely fall in love with this mouthwatering lasagna. With Barilla® Gluten Free Oven-Ready Lasagne at its base, this is a simple, yet delicious way to enjoy the classic Italian dish, gluten free. No boiling is needed, so simply layer the hearty flavors, Italian cheeses and fresh vegetables. This flavorful recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
For more recipes, visit Barilla.com.
1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Oven-Ready Lasagne
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
½ cup onion, diced into small pieces
1 pint multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
56 oz. San Marzano peeled tomatoes, crushed
1 cup asparagus, sliced into small pieces
½ cup carrots, diced into small pieces
½ lb. ground beef
½ lb. gound pork
½ cup red wine
1 tbsp. oregano, chopped
8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, add extra-virgin olive oil and onions and sauté for three minutes. Then, stir in the garlic, cook for approximately one more minute and add the ground beef and ground pork.
- Brown the meat well over high heat (about 10 minutes).
- Deglaze with red wine and simmer until wine has reduced (approximately two to three minutes).
- Add cherry tomatoes and San Marzano tomatoes, bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper. Allow to simmer for ten minutes.
- Add the asparagus, carrots and the chopped oregano and cook for one more minute. Then, remove the skillet from the heat.
- In a 13 x 9 greased pan, layer 1/6 of the sauce mixture on the bottom of the pan. Cover with three lasagna sheets, Parmigiano cheese, mozzarella and sauce. Repeat this process until you have five layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes at 400° Fahrenheit.
- Uncover and bake for an additional five to seven minutes at 400° Fahrenheit.
- Allow lasagna to set approximately 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving.