If you’re living a gluten-free lifestyle and have been searching for a moist home-style muffin bursting with flavor, Uncle Wally’s Pillsbury Gluten-Free Muffins are exactly what you’ve been looking for!
Uncle Wally’s ready-to-eat muffins are individually wrapped for on-the-go convenience and certified gluten free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization. Sold in packages of four and available in Blueberry or Chocolate Chip, they can be found in grocers’ all-natural freezer cases.
Uncle Wally’s new Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie is not your traditional pumpkin pie – it’s even better!
That’s because the recipe starts with a scrumptious cookie-like crust made from Uncle Wally’s delicious new Pillsbury™ Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins. A luscious pumpkin custard filling completes the tasty dessert.
- 8 Pillsbury™ Gluten Free Ready to Eat Muffins, Chocolate Chip (2 7-0unce boxes)
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can pure pumpkin (15 oz.)
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- Use clean hands to break apart 8 Pillsbury Gluten Free Muffins in a large mixing bowl until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add melted butter and blend well, forming a dough.
- Place dough in a sprayed pie plate and press dough evenly onto bottom and up the sides, creating a flat upper edge.
- Make a pie crust shield out of aluminum foil to keep crust edges from burning. Get directions here: http://noemptychairs.me/recipes/how-to/how-to-make-your-own-pie-crust-shield/
- Place crust shield on pie plate and bake crust for 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, make pie filling: Mix sugar and other dry ingredients in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add pumpkin and sugar mixture to large bowl and stir, gradually adding evaporated milk until blended.
- When crust is done baking, carefully take out of oven using oven mitts. Pour pumpkin pie filling into the crust and – with crust shield on – carefully put pie plate back in oven.
- Turn oven temperature up to 425° degrees and bake pie for 15 minutes.
- Turn oven temperature back down to 350° degrees and bake pie for an additional 40-45 minutes, or until pie filling is set and knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool at room temperature for two hours before serving or refrigerating.
To find more tasty recipes like this, visit www.unclewallys.com and click on Uncle Wally’s Product Recipe page
© General Mills. Pillsbury is a trademark of General Mills, used under license
For more information contact Uncle Wally’s at www.unclewallys.com.