- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 small can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 small-medium onion, diced to yield 1 1/2 cups
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1 bunch parsley, (chop 2 teaspoons and save rest for garnish)
- 1 15 oz. bag MOXY Flops Croutons
- 2 cups chicken or turkey stock, fresh or packaged
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. In a Dutch oven, melt two sticks of butter.
2. Julienne water chestnuts. Set aside. Put diced onions, celery, carrot, thyme, sage and parsley in Dutch oven. Coat the aromatics well with butter. Stir occasionally until they begin to sweat, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the MOXY Flops crouton (all of them — no snacking!) and stir until well coated.
4. Add two cups of chicken or turkey stock and mix carefully, coating croutons well with the mixture.
5. Add the beaten egg while stirring constantly. The mixture will begin to thicken.
6. Add the water chestnuts and stir again until all the ingredients are well coated.
7. Let mixture rest for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a baking dish. Bake for 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees. Garnish with parsley.
Resource: Free Bread Inc. MOXY Flops