For a more healthful take on creamy potato salad, this recipe swaps Greek yogurt for fatty sour cream and mayonnaise and adds plenty of fresh vegetables and herbs.
- Potato Salad
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- 3 large radishes, thinly sliced
- Creamy Herbed Dressing
- 10.6 ounces plain non-fat Greek yogurt, or about 1¼ cups
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Wash the potatoes and cut them in half and then in half again. Place potatoes in a large pot with the salt and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and simmer until potatoes are fork-tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
While potatoes are cooking make the dressing. In a medium bowl, add all dressing ingredients and stir until combined.
Place potatoes into a large bowl and add the shallots, radishes and dressing. Mix until all the ingredients are combined. Salt to taste. Can be served warm or cold.
Nutrition Analysis: 200 cal, .5 g fat, 5 mg chol, 540 mg sodium, 41 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 10 g protein.
Recipe and photos by Isadora Lassance. Lassance lives in Tucson, Arizona, with her husband and their orange cat, Cheeto. She blogs about whole food and seasonal ingredients at shelikesfood.com.