Summertime means it’s grilling time! What better way to celebrate Father’s Day than with a sunday afternoon spent lighting up the grill and enjoying the outdoors. This super simple recipe for Grilled Marinated Filet Tips and Vegetable salad is sure to be a hit with everyone in the family. Don’t be daunted by the long ingredient list! The instructions for this delicious dish are incredibly easy to follow. Just prep the ingredients for the marinade, vinaigrette and vegetable salad in advance, and combine for a delicious meal that is both filling and refreshing.
- MARINATED FILET TIPS INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup canola oil
- ¼ cup canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 pound filet tips
- LEMON MINT VINAIGRETTE INGRIDIENTS
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 ounce mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 3 ounces baby arugula
- 3 ounces pea tendrils
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup yellow tomatoes
- 1 cup shaved radish, plus extra for garnish if desired
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
Combine all marinade ingredients except the filet tips in a blender and blend until combined. Cover the tips with marinade and set aside. Clean and dry the blender.
Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill filet tips until they reach an internal temperature of 125° F.. Let rest while preparing the salad.
Toss salad ingredients in large salad bowl and lightly dress with the Lemon Mint Vinaigrette. Garnish with extra radish shavings if using and serve with steak tips.
Recipe from Chef Nathan Sigel of Tempo restaurant in Waltham, Massachusetts
Calories: 390 , Carbohydrates: 18 g, Protein: 32 g, Fat: 21 g, Cholesterol: 90 mg, Sodium: 320 mg, Fiber: 4 g